In 1776, Johannes Giesser laid the foundation for GIESSER and started the manual production of knives and other cutting tools.
Opening and commercial registration of a specialist shop for steel products, including on-site production facilities. After 1934: production of fixed-blade hand knives.
Production of hand knives. The company split into the Alfred Giesser Messerfabrik, which produced machine blades, and the Johannes Giesser Messerfabrik. In 1936, Giesser and Böhler Edelstahl jointly develop stainless blade steel.
The Johannes Giesser Messerfabrik celebrated the opening of its first expansion building.
The first vacuum hardening plant caused a rapid improvement in product quality. It considerably increased the cutting-edge retention of the knives.
GIESSER continued to expand and optimise its product catalogue, offering the right tool for any cut.
The company moved to its new, high-tech building in Winnenden-Hertmannsweiler.
The old Winnenden factory was transformed into a ‘PremiumCut manufactory’.